Other Ways to Give
There are many ways that you can give to Choices along your everyday path:
- Use Kroger Rewards as you grocery shop.
- Provide for current Baby Boutique needs.
- Throw a Baby Shower for the Baby Boutique.
- Participate in Change for Life, Choices' baby bottle campaign.
- Purchase a "Choose Life" License Plate for your vehicle.
- Provide a variety of Gift Cards to purchase operational or baby supplies.
- Pay a Choices Monthly Operations Bill - We have to have heat, water and power for our patients!
See more information about these options below, and call Choices' Finance Director (678-928-4364) with questions:
Kroger Community Rewards
Did you know you can support Choices just by shopping with your Kroger Plus Card?
Simply register or re-register (must re-enroll each April) online at krogercommunityrewards.com.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter Choices' legal name: “Northeast Georgia Care, Inc"’ to search, select us from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see our organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
Baby Boutique Needs
All items in the Baby Boutique are earned by a patient taking parenting, pregnancy or other life skill classes (though our hospital-approved InJoy Pregnancy and Parenting Training program) until their baby is 18 months old. Our desire is to develop a healthy relationship with the patient during this time of service and to educate the patient on pregnancy, labor and delivery and baby care, thus moving the client toward sustainability.
We would like to honor these moms for their effort by providing new (though basic) items. With this in mind, please note:
- We accept NEW children’s clothing, sizes New Born through 24 months. We might accept nearly new, very clean clothing if space is available (please give us a call to verify).
- Strollers, Cribs and Pack-N-Plays must be NEW to meet current safety standards.
- We don't provide car seats, due to their stringent safely requirements. However, we do direct mothers to agencies who provide these free or at a low cost.
- Gift Cards to Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kroger, and Publix are greatly appreciated (We can combine cards to purchase the larger baby supplies that we occassionally need to purchase).
- We cannot use items intended for anyone older than 18 months old. For example; the largest size of child’s clothing in the store is 24 months.
- We always need diapers, BUT because children grow so quickly in the first 18 months, they grow out of the newborn and Size 1 and 2 diapers quickly. Our greatest need is Sizes 4and 5 . We sometimes need some preemie diapers also. It is always wise to touch base with us so that we can share our current need with you.
- Most of our patients have a source for baby food and formula, so these are rarely a need.
- Contact us for immediate boutique needs - we are always out of some supplies!
Bathing supplies & lotion
Booster seats or Bumbos
Boppy (Nursing pillows)
Bottles and sippy cups
Breast pads (60-80 ct)
Brush & comb sets
Chairs (Bumbo and other)
Children’s clothing newborn-24 mo
Diapers (Sz NB-5)
Hats and other hair items
Thank you for considering a donation of baby supplies to Choices' Baby Boutique.
Baby Showers for the Baby Boutique
We've found that women LOVE to gift baby items, so consider throwing a Baby Show for Choices as a ministry outreach. This is particulary effective for church Sunday School classes or as a woman's group ministry outreach (esp for the holidays or Mother's Day). For shower ideas, share the Baby Boutique needs above. Combining sources to give a gift card so Choices can purchase larger items as needed is extremely helpful!
Change for Life
What is it?
The Choices' Change for Life bottle campaign is an easy way for you and your church, small group, school, youth group, etc. to support Choices. When you fill baby bottles with currency or coins, you are helping to provide FREE pregnancy tests, limited obstetrical ultrasounds, parenting classes, maternity and baby supplies, and the good news of Jesus Christ to men and women in need of hope.
How does it work?
This is a simple concept. The baby bottles that Choices provides are passed out and participants are asked to fill the bottle with their loose change over a period of time (a month or two), then the bottle is boomeranged back to the church (or group liaison) for collection. It is a great way to get families involved to support mothers and babies in our community with the items they can’t afford themselves. This is a project we do year 'round but might be a great thing to do during Sanctity of Life month in January or as an honor your mother project for Mother’s Day.
How do we get involved?
Call Choices' Event Coordinator Sue Kaufman at 678-928-4360 for more information.
Choose Life License Plates
Choose Life of Georgia, Inc. is a non-profit organization that receives revenue from the sale and renewal of Choose Life specialty plates. They distribute a portion of these funds to agencies that counsel for adoption. Choices has received over $5,300 since these tags became available in 2008.
Cost for a tag:
$25.00 Manufacturing Fee-this is a one time fee charged by the State of Georgia for all speciality tags.
$35.00 Annual fee for a Choose Life tag. Of this $35.00*, Choose Life of Georgia receives $10.00
$20.00 Annual Registration/Decal fee charged for all license plates each year.
The Choose Life tags have been endorsed by Georgia Right to Life, Georgia Family Council, Georgia Christian Alliance, and Georgia Christian Coalition and the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
Choices would greatly appreciate "gift cards" from any retailer who provides items we need for the Baby Boutique OR for our operational needs. Useful gift cards might be from:
- Office Pro/Max/Mart
- Home Depot or Lowes
Pay a Choices Monthly Operations Bill
It is always wonderful (and often an answer to prayer) to have some part of our back-end operations expenses covered. We pay utilities and maintenance for 2 buildings, as well as printing and IT costs.