How You Can Help
Choices Pregnancy Care Center exists by God's favor and the generous support of caring volunteers. Your time is the most precious gift we can receive. Choices always needs volunteers to become:
- Patient Advocates (who help each patient through the intake paperwork, verify their demographics, determine which resources could be helpful and share God's good news with them as the only answer that will satisfy their need)
- Church Liaisons (no application required; just contact us)
- Baby Boutique Advisors (who might coordinate ways to collect new supplies from the community or constantly organize the current boutique as inventory comes and goes)
- Office Volunteers (who help consistently or occassionally with office projects, event-related projects or phone calling)
- Operations/Facilities Maintenance team members (who offer handyman or vendor in-kind help with our IT, building and lawn maintenance and cleaning needs)
- All volunteers who meet with patients will go through a training period with one of our Patient Services Managers.
- All volunteers who work with patients are asked to be available at least one 4 hour shift a month.
- All volunteers who meet with patients must agree with Choices' Statement of Faith, found here.
- All volunteers must operate in alignment with our culture of providing Christ-centered, compassionate, non-judgmental, non-manipulative care.
- Contact Choices Pregnancy Care Center to set up a discussion about your areas of interest in service.
- Fill out the appropriate volunteer application including references.
- After your application is reviewed, you will be invited to the clinic for an interview. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to learn more about us and for us to learn more about you.
- Should we have an open position that suits your interests, skills and schedule, we will invite you to begin the training process.
- Due to the nature of our work, with every patient we serve experiencing crisis, each volunteer must be well trained to follow process that ensures each patient is served exceptionally and their information is kept confidential to meet HIPAA requirements.
- Each potential Patient Advocate will be given a back-ground check and will train with our Patient Services Manager and other seasoned voluteers to be exposed to the issues our patients have faced. You will also go through additional training specific to our operating model, and get hands-on experience through job-shadowing. Our team will partner with you to determine when you are ready to operate independently. This orientation process is vital to ensure our patients are treated with compassion and excellence.
- If you have had an abortion in the past, you are welcomed to attend our 10-week post abortion care program (P.A.S.T.), offered at least twice per year. This will increase your ministry to post-abortive women who visit our center.
Do you have questions about being a volunteer?
- Contact Choices' Volunteer Coordinator: Sue Kaufman: 678-928-4360 or email@example.com
- Send a message from this website, using the Contact Us button below.